Friday, December 11, 2009

Time Flies

whether you are having fun or not, apparently!

I can't believe we're already through the week. I guess the universe has slipped into that pre-Xmas time warp where everything is super fast.

It's been a whirlwind week since Monday, with a few curveballs.

I haven't been able to hit the gym the way I wanted to, but I have walked to work every morning (in bitter cold temps).

One day this week while working with a photographer we had to go try to talk to a certain family in Brooklyn that's been in the news lately. We were at the hospital where we thought the family was visiting a relative. Then we got word they were at home. We had just gotten an amazing parking spot at the hospital though. Moving the photographer's car was out of the question.

"Maybe it's walkable?" I suggested. I never would have done that before. We looked at a map and it was indeed walkable -- a mere 1.5 miles down the road. We hoofed it, and hoofed it back.

That simply wouldn't have occurred 12 months ago. Or, I'd have been panting and footsore and incredibly exhausted and sweaty by the time it was done.

This time I was actually pleased. My reaction was, "Score! Extra exercise!"

On the eating front, not too bad, but friends have been dropping by every night this week, which meant a little more wine than usual, and more treats. One night there were olives stuffed with feta cheese, another night there was manchego cheese, and those damned mini-fruit tarts made a repeat appearance!

It was all within maintenance portions -- but not exactly weight-loss portions.

Major challenges loom. A big party tomorrow night with lots of food. A party Tuesday and TWO parties on Wednesday.

It's enough to make me long for the dreary social doldrums of January, already!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! The curse of the mini-tarts! Or is it Bride of the Mini-Tarts? Or maybe Son of the Bride of the Ghost of the Mini-Tarts...

    It sounds like you're navigating through the holiday season pretty well so far!

    Keep your cape handy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave! It is bitter cold here right now as well and I don't like to walk from the car to the door!

    Score! Extra exercise! I look forward to the time when I want to utter those words.

    All the treats sound divine. Soon all of the festivities will be over, but in the meantime...do as Beej suggests and bust out the Vigilance Cape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the attitude about the exercise Ish! You are doing great. In addition to your Vigilance Cape you should consider donning some Agility Boots to help you navigate the party obstacles.

    ReplyDelete