Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Plus Four

No, I'm not wearing those fancy kind of golf pants known as plus fours.

I am plus four. As in, up four pounds from the day before Thanksgiving.

You know ... there are times when you gain weight and it's really confusing because you tried to do everything "right" all week and you worked out and all that and still the scale went up.

This is not one of those times.

This is a case of me not eating on plan for a few days and indulging a bit, not working out for a few days and my body deciding it's not going to be a losing week.

Cause and effect. I indulged a bit too much, ergo I now weight a bit too much.

There can be no confusion about that.

The good news is that I was up four pounds. Friends, when I peeked at the gym scale (unofficial number) mid-week last week, I was up eight. So this could be worse. A lot worse.

As my nutritionist says to me, "You know what you need to do."

Yep. Exactly what I've done for the last 70 pounds.

3 comments:

  1. That is some good news that you were able to drop down four pounds from your unofficial weight last week; making the gain not as bad.

    And I'm glad that you know what whent "wrong" and what you have to do to lose this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Beej, at least half of that has already left. The other half will leave soon enough too. Just keep at it Ish. Learn from this, and don't let it happen next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not as gutting if you can see why weight gain is happening - if you know you've been a bit naughty and have got away with it, I think it makes it harder to do the right thing from there on in.

    love
    Peridot x

    ReplyDelete