Saturday, December 19, 2009

Family Drama

And so it continues.

Thanks to everyone for their supportive comments. I probably came off as a wee bit dramatic, but really I was gutted by the news when I heard it Thursday night.

Luckily, I haven't drowned my sorrows in a vat of eggnog, or buried my disappointment in an avalanche of Christmas cookies.

That's something, at least.

I was aided by a very busy yesterday at work that had me out in the cold all day, and then hanging out in a coffee shop in Brooklyn. That really could have been trouble. Lots of baked goods.

I survived though. The only things that passed my lips were 2 boiled eggs and a fruit cup in the morning, and a crappy, really foul warm chicken sandwich in the afternoon (the sign said 500 calories -- but I dunno for sure).

Dinner was on plan last night too.

So far so good. Picking up the pieces. Handling the family insanity.

Please let this all be over soon.

2 comments:

  1. I think we all have our own family insanity and can certainly commiserate. I don't speak to my sister and she saw me in the post office on my birthday. She yelled at me in the post office and continued to berate me right out into the mall. Oh joy. My favourite dramatic line was "WHEN MOM AND DAD ARE DEAD, IT WILL JUST BE US!"

    Not trying to take away from your sad feelings, just trying to add a teensy bit of humour to the situation.

    Your nephew will get over it and will hopefully have learned a hard lesson.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job not running back to your usual comforts when life gets tough.

    And Kimberley had a hilarious story above!

    ReplyDelete