Sunday, December 27, 2009

Homeward Bound

Hardest thing about the holidays: saying goodbye.

I hate having to leave my parents and family after just a few quick days of fun and festivities.

But I guess there's no way to avoid that, even if I stayed down here for weeks. Unless I'm willing to relocate (and I'm not) there's always going to be a goodbye.

It's a bittersweet fact of life, I guess. Having far away family makes it more fun to go for the holidays, but much harder to leave.

New Year's Resolution No. 1: More time with family.

Second hardest thing about the holidays: getting back into your jeans after two days of mega goodies. Oh boy! There's gonna be hell to pay when I get home and get back on the scale.

But not really, because I know it's going to be ok. I'll get back on it. Already I have some long-term goals in mind for 2010 that I'm kind of excited about, and they require me to challenge myself a bit more physically this year.

I'm excited to get more fit. And to that end, one of my Christmas present requests was ..... New Rules of Weight-Lifting for Women. And Santa kindly brought it! Yay!

I'm going to read through it on the flight home.

In the meantime, here's a quick look at the kind of airport pitfalls I've studiously been avoiding on my Xmas travels.

This was taken early in the morning, so not too many people in line. Amazingly, or should I say frighteningly, there were people drinking at the bar! I'm no teetotaller myself, but ... ICK! Alcohol at 9am before a flight? Would make me miserable.

So...off to walk around a bit more. See you back in NYC!

4 comments:

  1. When I travel, it never ceases to amaze me how many people are in the bars in the early morning hours. A friend of mine used to always love his first class upgrades because he got the free drinks - before 10 AM. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeeee - New Rules!! Yay!

    Spending time with family is also on my list for next year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, leaving family is tough. But the nice thing is that they're always there.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your new goals in the new year!

    ReplyDelete