These are the times that try dieters' souls.
I'm talking about the holidays, of course.
It always pays to have a plan, so here it goes:
This week I will:
1) Walk to work every day, except possibly Friday. I will walk to work on Thursday, which is Thanksgiving Day.
(I volunteered to work the Thanksgiving day shift because a) I have no immediate family here to do the whole big feast thing with and b) I always take off Christmas week to be with my family. So I'm happy on Thanksgiving to give someone else a chance to enjoy a family holiday. Plus, it keeps me from hanging around at home stuffing my face. )
2) I will not eat any of the holiday treats that will be in the office that day. I will bring my own lunch. We will be having a small dinner with friends after I finish work -- a dinner that I will have prepared in advance, and consisting of lots of veggies and other light fare.
3) I will get in a gym workout on the elliptical at least three times this week.
4) I will keep up with my Hot 100 challenge and lift weights in the corporate gym on Tuesday. It will be closed on Thursday, but open Friday.
5) I will eat slowly and mindfully all week.
6) I will eat on plan all week.
7) I will do two Tabata sessions (eeeeeekkk).
These are my goals. So let it be written. So let it be done.
Gorgeous day in NYC today. Hope it's lovely where you are too!
May 24th, 2017 The Streams
6 hours ago