Saturday, November 14, 2009

Makes Sense to Me

Bored at work today, trolling the web, I found this on Yahoo.

Normally I don't find their "expert" articles all that informative. This one I liked.

In fact, I think I'm going to post it all around my apartment.

I don't know about you guys, but in the past I've always gotten extremely irritated by people who offer me unsolicited advice on weight loss.

It's partially the rude assumption that I need to lose weight. Of course I do (and have for a while) but it's nobody's business to draw that conclusion for me. It's also the superiority factor that bugs me -- just because YOU don't have a visible weight problem, it does not qualify you to tell ME how/what to eat. Or anyone else, for that matter.

If I had lost 5lbs for every idiot suggestion given to me by some well-meaning (and I use that term loosely) person I'd be a size 2 right now.

Some of these are debunked in this Yahoo article, which may be why I like it.

I meant to paste the article here, but for some reason my browser is not cooperating.

Clicky-clicky here to link to the article in question, then.
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with most everything written in that link Ish, good information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great link. It's so funny how oblivious people can be--as if all we need is is some advice from THEM and we'll be fixed; we'll be skinny. Like, "Oh wow, NOW I get it." :)

    ReplyDelete