Wednesday, September 23, 2009

100 Day Challenge

South Beach Steve has posted a challenge to help us end the year with a bang.

It's the Hot 100 -- Going Out With a Bang challenge!

I like the name.

The rules are simple: you had to alert Steve you were joining in, publish your goals, and give an update every 10 days. I already did step one. So now it's on to step two.

Here goes:

After much mulling, I have decided that my personal challenge for the next 100 days will be to use my company gym to get in a good weight-lifting session twice a week.

My reasons for this are threefold:

1) I have been wanting to add more regular weight-lifting to my routine for a while but find it hard to carve out the extra time during my morning and evening workouts.

2) My company provides an excellent gym on-site for a very reasonable amount. And while I pay the weekly fees, I very rarely use the gym. What a waste of money!

3) I've been too intimidated to go into the corporate gym much. It's kind of swank and I guess I feel like I don't belong. So I will conquer that fear! I'm paying for it, ergo I can go. And it's a shame to pay for nothing.

So, for the next 100 days, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, instead of sitting at my desk and eating lunch, I will instead go to the gym and get in a weight-lifting session. I will still eat lunch tho - just at a different time.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great goal! I sure wish my company had a gym. Of course, it seems I am on the road so often I wouldn't get to use it much anyhow.

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete