Beej very kindly tagged me for Happy 101.
I'm kind of overwhelmed right now with all the sad news coming out of Haiti. Consequently, I'm very happy at the moment with our working water system, heating system and the fact that I'm lucky enough to live in a developed country with a strong infrastructure!
Sounds silly, I know, but ... gosh, sometimes you can't help but think, "There but for the Grace of God go I."
But on any given day, these are the things that make me happy:
1) Coming home on a cold night and settling into my cosy place, with my cat, and my boyfriend.
2) A good sweaty workout
3) Seeing the scale go down (it does make me sooooo happy!)
4) Spending time with my nephew and family
5) Traveling, especially to Latin America
6) Reading a good book
7) A glass of full-bodied red wine while chatting with friends
8) I love an underdog story -- always makes me happy to see someone beat impossible odds and succeed
9) The opera
10) Playing tennis or going hiking.
What about you? I think I'll tag Peridot for this one.
Quick update: Managed to squeeze in gym yesterday, but not for very long. Had a weird spike in blood sugar or something yesterday, ate a fage yogurt with honey and then got the shakes. Bad.
Ate too much after that at home. Healthy food, but waaaaay waaaay waaaaay too much of it. Ugh.
June 28th, 2017 When We Do
9 hours ago