Small victories and triumphs, strung together, are often more important than one big win....
So far this week, I have:
- worked out every day.
- discovered I can walk the 18 flights up to my office anytime I want.
- eaten to plan 95% of the time.
- fed myself healthy meals and snacks when hungry.
- resisted the pull of frustration and negativity the one night I ate off plan.
- focused on being positive and loving myself, ie coaxing myself into the gym because it will make me feel better and banishing the voice that says, nastily, "You have to go to the gym because you're a big fat lardo."
- reminded myself that above all else, I want to be strong and fit, no matter what I weigh.
- Just because I've pulled myself back on track, I am not magically going to drop a size.
- When I start working out and eating right, I feel really good. I somehow expect that to immediately transform into my looking really good too.
- If I catch a glimpse of my ample posterior in a mirror/window reflection, I should concentrate on how much firmer and muscular it looks than three years ago, NOT on how big it is, overall.
- I don't have to go to every Christmas party that I'm invited to. It's ok to be choosy.
That's it from Ish-land today. Hope you are all having a good week!