Thursday, March 29, 2012

We Have Lift-Off

Brace yourself for a rapid-fire update (repetitive strain in the wrist this week -- hurts to type).

Gym: yes, every day so far, alternating bouts of treadmill, elliptical, rower. Neuroma present, but pain bearable. That's good.

Intake: on plan, including a dinner out Monday night. A little problem with wine last night. But overall, better than it's been in quite a while. Party tonight, have budgeted in some wine, but not treats.

Results: sunnier moods generally all week, overall improvement in optimism, attitude, outlook on life. Suspicion that several pairs of pants are just ever so slightly (and really I mean slightly) looser.

Desk Chair: works a treat. I fiddle, wiggle and bounce all day. Damned uncomfortable for long stretches of time, which is exactly what I need: gets me on my feet every 45 to 60 mins. When I got it the chair was too short -- a midget chair. But I flexed the ol' biceps and really pumped the ball up and now it's perfect. Check it out.
View not much different from this angle, but just to be thorough:

Hula Hoop -- apparently it's not good to buy the standard-issue ones in sports shops, which I did. Mistake. It's not big enough to properly swing, and it's weighted slightly, so the minute I try to twirl it the thing crashes to the floor, banging my knees, shines and ankles on the way down! Crazy hoop! From what the Internet tells me, I need an adult size hoop that is not weighted -- the key is to make sure it's a big, big hoop, according to the ..er ... experts. So I've ordered another. Will give it a whirl and report back. I can work my way up to handling the weighted one, it seems, but I'm not skilled enough yet. However, my early flailing indicates this has real potential: could be a neat little workout (done, for example, during commercials while watching telly) and will be virtually silent once I can keep it from crashing to the floor.

Dog hike: Still waitlisted!! Grrrr! So many dogs in NYC, so many dog-lovers. I am still waiting for my Fido hike.

Onward, comrades!

3 comments:

  1. I have been eyeing a chair like that for my stability ball since I sit on my butt all day for work. Good to know it keeps you moving, although I have to sit pretty still with typing, so I wonder if it would do any good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gym + watching intake = results!!! Love it...glad you are feeling better.

    I love your chair. I just sit on my ball at my desk (at home)...no stand and I like it just fine. I need a new one though as this one is old and resisting pumping.

    I used to love hula hooping.

    Hope you get to the top of the list soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So late to the party again!!! Hi Ish, hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete