Tuesday, July 6, 2010

How Hot Is It?

It is so hot in NYC right now that I have had to move my cat into the bedroom because the mere sight of his furry, six-lb body gives me a heat rash.

Oh lordy, it's a sizzler today.

I rode my bike anyway, heat be darned. I can actually handle biking (moderately) better than walking in the heat because at least you get a little self-generated wind. Walking just lets the sun pound you into the pavement, I've found.

Really loving Lori's post on mindful/intuitive eating right now. It's speaking to me. I fear my set point IS 250 lbs. I swear that is the weight my body is always trying to get to. I hate it.

I have more thoughts on this that I will share soon, and a possible experiment I may try.

Until then, I've got to stick my head in the freezer to survive this night. Even the glow of the computer screen is too hot for me to handle.

Hope all is well (and I will keep riding my bike tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that, even if it's 102 degrees (which is seriously is right now)).

4 comments:

  1. It sure is hot and humid here too!

    Enjoy the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how hot it has been in the northeast lately. It is warm here too, but it is still 8-10 degrees cooler that it is there. Take care Ish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much for your comment. All help on beating the SoD is gratefully received.

    love
    Peridot x

    PS V hot here too. My mum has bought the labs a paddling pool which they stubbornly refuse to go in unless cajoled and played with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we're lucky over here in Seattle, though, for here it's warm. We just broke our third straight day of high temperatures. But yeah, it's just in the 90s.

    Loving hearing from you.

    Oh, and I think I might try to do some pull ups...or chin ups...what's the differencce?

    ReplyDelete